This month’s talk at Creacon Lodge rang in the New Year with the timely subject of setting intentions with the best tools and methods available to you. When you start out with a resolution to change something in your life from a negative to a positive, how you go about it is the difference between frustrating, repeated attempts and true, lasting transformation. If you missed the live broadcast, I encourage you to download the audio files or watch the video recording online.
What issue, habit or dynamic would you like look back on at the end of the year and see a dramatic shift? Start with this important key – It must be about you and your motivation has come from within. Though we cannot change anyone else, and when you adjust something in your own life, there are positive residual effects all around you! There’s a clear path to setting intentions, if you put your mind to it. Here are some highlights:
• Set a realistic goal. You must be able to put energy towards an intention that is possible.
• Pose your intention in a positive light that is harmonious for you and the environment you are in.
• Make a list of both the advantages and disadvantages of the change you seek.
• Be willing to put 100% into the intention.
• Think of the timing. Is this the best schedule for making the change?
• Think about your limiting beliefs and how often you get in your own way.
• Take contrary actions when faced with a challenge related to your intention.
• Confront the fear that stops you from achieving your goals.
At the end of our talk, I led the group that was gathered at Creacon through a helpful 15-minute mediation to help focus and align the process of setting an intention. You can download the session here, and kick-start 2013 with a supportive, insightful chat that you’ll be able to access again and again. Here’s to a great year ahead!